Expanded PVC Sheets
Expanded PVC plastic is a foamed polyvinyl chloride (PVC) sheet whose extraordinary combination of features makes it ideal for signage, exhibits, store displays, POP, kiosks, screen printing and more. The surface is a smooth, matte finish that makes it ideal to paint or laminate, compared to the glossy finish of acrylic sheeting and polycarbonate sheeting. Expanded PVC sheets also have good screw and staple retention, which makes them ideal for stage prop design, cabinetry, and other wood replacement projects. Expanded PVC plastic sheets are tough, high-strength and lightweight, and can be ordered in a wide range of sizes, thicknesses, and colors. Expanded PVC sheets are free of lead, cadmium, barium, zinc and have passed all three UL 1975 requirements. It is recommended for industrial and commercial signage. It readily accepts virtually any form of graphic overlay (print, paint, and photo mounting). It is also easy to cut and shape, making it a strong choice for three-dimensional exhibits, displays, and stage sets.
Features and Benefits of Expanded PVC Sheet
- Lightweight: easy to handle, easy to work with.
- Low Flammability: meets UL94 5V, UL 1975 and has a flame spread of 2 according to ASTM E84.
- Water resistant: has a closed cell structure and has extremely low water absorption values.
- Surface: the smooth matte surface is ideal for graphics, printing and laminating.
- Weather ability: more color-fast than other foam PVC products.
- Strength: has an excellent strength to weight ratio as shown in the screw and staple pull test data.
- Thermal Conductivity: has excellent insulating characteristics.
- Safety: contains no lead, cadmium or zinc.